Career opportunities at Kidney Cancer Canada
Director of Fund Development
Kidney Cancer Canada / Cancer du rein Canada islooking for a passionate, inventive and energetic Director of Development to join our team.
A bit about us: Lead by our amazing small team of employees and volunteer board of directors, we are a registered non-profit charity. Our community of survivors, caregivers and health professionals provide support, education and advocacy for others in the kidney cancer community. We love our work!
A bit about you: You share a passion for helping patients and caregivers with a focus on building our fundraising capacity. You love the non-profit sector and understand the sensibilities of working with patients, their families, a volunteer board and funders. You are self-motivated and willing to be a hands-on member of our team who has a working knowledge of all avenues of communications with funders. And, you are comfortable working in a virtual office environment and able to occasionally travel across Canada.
A bit about the successful candidate’s responsibilities: We are looking for someone who will collaborate with and report to our Executive Director to create and execute a development plan that increases revenues to support the strategic direction our organization. The Director of Development’s responsibilities will include:
- Build and manage a portfolio of prospects and donors to enable Kidney Cancer Canada to increase revenue through planned gifts (both outright and deferred).
- Develop compelling cases for support including customized proposals, appeal letters, and other materials to secure donations.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of annual donor database (E-tapestry), incorporating best practices for maximum efficiency, program specific reporting and segmentation of data to deliver fundraising results.
- Lead Kidney Cancer Canada’s annual giving appeals.
- Monitor, evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that goals are being achieved.
- Prepare regular reports related to fundraising and the management of development activities.
- Identify and qualify corporate, foundation and individual prospects to build a robust pipeline.
- Oversee the planning and execution of signature events and third-party events.
- Serve as a valued member of the administration and support team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in development related to the non-profit sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with donor management software.
How to apply: Please email your resume along with a letter of introduction telling us why you are “the one” to careers@KidneyCancerCanada.ca
Applications close: August 20, 2017
(No phone calls or agencies, please)