PATIENTS & CAREGIVERS
Welcome to Kidney Cancer Canada! Whether you are newly diagnosed or newly re-diagnosed or just looking for new information, we are so glad you've found us.
Kidney Cancer Canada was founded by patients — for patients, and we are the first and only Canadian charitable, patient-led, support and advocacy organization solely focused on kidney cancer. Through our Mission, we are working to create a community of Canadians affected by kidney cancer and ensure that no one is alone on this journey.
To improve the lives of those affected by kidney cancer across Canada by:
- Providing support, information and education;
- Promoting research; and
- Advocating for access to new treatments.
Through Kidney Cancer Canada, you'll meet other patients, caregivers, family members and friends in very similar situations. You are not alone -- we have been there ourselves and we can help so please be sure to visit often and reach out to us as needed. We are here for you and you are not alone.
This section contains a wide variety of resource information for both patients and caregivers. Take a look around this section and you’ll find the following topics of interest and support:
- Newly Diagnosed? - If you have recently been diagnosed, take some time to absorb the information. Read as much information as you feel comfortable with – or appoint a friend or family member to help you sort through information on your behalf. This section provides you with valuable information and resources as you begin your journey.
- Our “Top 10 Tips for Kidney Cancer Survivors”
- A Guide to Kidney Cancer – An online guide for patients and families
- Questions to Ask Your Doctor – Developed by our Medical Advisory Board, we have a list of questions that may help you as you learn more about your diagnosis
- Seeking a second opinion or referral
- Information on Clinical Trials for Kidney Cancer
- Treatment and Access Information by Province/Territory
- Our Peer Support Program - Our trained volunteers can offer understanding and practical help to patients who are newly diagnosed or dealing with side effects from treatment options
- Glossary of Terms
- Patients & Caregiver Video messages
- Patient Stories
- Access to our Archived Past Meeting Videos
- Exercise Guidebook for Kidney Cancer Survivors: Get Active, Sit Less!
We update our site regularly so be sure to check back often!