Welcome to Kidney Cancer Canada -- a patient-led organization with the mission to support all Canadians affected by kidney cancer.
A diagnosis of kidney cancer can be overwhelming so we are glad you've found us. Through Kidney Cancer Canada, you'll meet other patients, caregivers, family members and friends in very similar situations. You are not alone -- we have been there ourselves and we can help.
|Some tips to get you started:|
Information and Resources available here:
If you have recently been diagnosed, take some time to absorb the information. Read as much information as you feel comfortable with – or appoint a friend or family member to help you sort through information on your behalf. This section provides you with valuable information and resources as you begin your journey.
- Our “Top 10 Tips for Kidney Cancer Survivors”
- A Guide to Kidney Cancer – An online guide for patients and families
- Questions to Ask Your Doctor – Developed by our Medical Advisory Board, we have a list of questions that may help you as you learn more about your diagnosis
- Seeking a second opinion or referral
- Information on Clinical Trials for Kidney Cancer
- Treatment and Access Information by Province/Territory
- Our Peer Support Program - Our trained volunteers can offer understanding and practical help to patients who are newly diagnosed or dealing with side effects from treatment options
- Glossary of Terms
- Patients & caregivers video messages and stories
- Access to our past meeting videos
- Exercise Guidebook for Kidney Cancer Survivors: Get Active, Sit Less!
|Need to Talk to Someone?|
|If you would like to speak with someone in person, please feel free to call our Toll Free Number and one of our trained peer support volunteers will be happy to speak with you. That number is: 1-866-598-7166 or you can e-mail us.|
|Help Us By Paying It Forward|
|We wish you good health. If we can help you in your journey with kidney cancer in any way, please let us know. If we have helped you along the way, one of the nicest ways to say thank you is to support what we do. Please consider a donation to Kidney Cancer Canada, either online on our Donate page or by calling 1-866-598-7166. We are a registered Canadian charity and we are sincerely grateful for your support.|