Our Medical Advisory Board
Dr. Anil Kapoor, Chair, Medical Advisory Board
Kidney Cancer Canada established a Medical Advisory Board in January 2009. This Board is Kidney Cancer Canada’s formal connection with health care providers and researchers who work directly with kidney cancer patients.
The Medical Advisory Board works alongside with Kidney Cancer Canada to ensure that our activities and health information are relevant and useful for patients and caregivers. The main responsibilities of this Board are to:
- provide oversight of health related information;
- identify treatment and access issues;
- provide a link to the Canadian medical community;
- promote awareness of Kidney Cancer Canada among patients and other health care providers in their regions, nationally and internationally.
Dr. Anil Kapoor, leading researcher and Uro-Oncologist, is the Chair of this dynamic group of kidney cancer specialists. As the Director of the McMaster Institute of Urology at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton, Dr. Kapoor knows first-hand the importance of providing patients with the most current advances in kidney cancer treatment.
Board membership includes experts from a range of specialties and geographic regions across Canada.
Medical Advisory Board Members
- Dr. Anil Kapoor (Chair), Uro-Oncologist, Hamilton
- Dr. Lori Wood (Past Chair), Medical Oncologist, Halifax
- Dr. Peter Black, Uro-Oncologist, Vancouver
- Dr. Christian Kollmannsberger, Medical Oncologist, Vancouver
- Dr. Daniel Heng, Medical Oncologist, Calgary
- Dr. Geoff Gotto, Uro-Oncologist, Calgary
- Dr. Scott North, Medical Oncologist, Edmonton
- Dr. Darrel Drachenberg, Uro-Oncologist, Winnipeg
- Dr. Anand Swaminath, Radiation Oncologist, Hamilton
- Dr. Andrew Feifer, Uro-Oncologist, Mississauga
- Dr. Georg Bjarnason, Medical Oncologist, Toronto
- Dr. Michael Jewett, Uro-Oncologist, Toronto
- Louiselle Godbout, Pharmacist, Ottawa
- Dr. Christina Canil, Medical Oncologist, Ottawa
- Dr. Simon Tanguay, Uro-Oncologist, Montreal
- Dr. Denis Soulieres, Medical Oncologist, Montreal
- Dr. Frédéric Pouliot, Uro-Oncologist, Quebec
- Dr. Chris French, Uro-Oncologist, St John's
- Pat Sevean, Kidney Cancer Canada Representative