The Kidney Cancer Canada Medical Advisory Board is our formal connection with health care providers and researchers who work directly with kidney cancer patients.
The Medical Advisory Board works alongside Kidney Cancer Canada to ensure our activities and health information are relevant and useful for patients and caregivers. The main responsibilities of this Board are to:
- provide oversight of health related information;
- identify treatment and access issues;
- provide a link to the Canadian medical community;
- promote awareness of Kidney Cancer Canada among patients and other health care providers in their regions, nationally and internationally.
Board membership includes experts from a range of specialties and geographic regions across Canada.
Dr. Simon Tanguay, MD, FRCSC
Dr. Simon Tanguay is Professor and Chair of the Division of Urology at the McGill University Health Center and McGill University. Dr. Tanguay was actively involved in the Kidney Cancer Research Network of Canada since its creation and the development of the Canadian Kidney Cancer information system. He was a supporter of Kidney Cancer Canada since its creation. His research interests are focussed on diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for kidney cancer.
Dr. Tanguay also served as General Secretary and President of the Société Internationale d’Urologie. This scientific Society has for mission to enable urologists from all countries to apply the highest standards of urological care to their patients. The Society has also an important philanthropic role to help train urologists in developing countries.
MEDICAL ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS
- Dr. Simon Tanguay, Chair, Uro-Oncologist, Montreal
- Dr. Christian Kollmannsberger (Past Chair), Medical Oncologist, Vancouver
- Dr. Peter Black, Uro-Oncologist, Vancouver
- Dr. Daniel Heng, Medical Oncologist, Calgary
- Dr. Geoff Gotto, Uro-Oncologist, Calgary
- Dr. Darrel Drachenberg, Uro-Oncologist, Winnipeg
- Dr. Rahul Kumar Bansal, Uro-Oncologist, Winnipeg
- Dr. Anand Swaminath, Radiation Oncologist, Hamilton
- Dr. Andrew Feifer, Uro-Oncologist, Mississauga
- Nesan Bendali, Clinical Trials Nurse, Toronto
- Dr. Georg Bjarnason, Medical Oncologist, Toronto
- Dr. William Chu, Radiation Oncologist, Toronto
- Dr. Michael Jewett, Uro-Oncologist, Toronto
- Dr. Christina Canil, Medical Oncologist, Ottawa
- Louiselle Godbout, Pharmacist, Ottawa
- Dr. Denis Soulières, Medical Oncologist, Montreal
- Dr. Frédéric Pouliot, Uro-Oncologist, Quebec
- Dr. Ricardo Rendon, Uro-Oncologist, Halifax
- Dr. Lori Wood , Medical Oncologist, Halifax
- Dr. Chris French, Uro-Oncologist, St John’s