Canadian experts in kidney cancer have developed guidelines for the treatment of localized and advanced kidney cancer, and for screening of potentially hereditary kidney cancer.
FOR SMALL KIDNEY TUMOURS
- 2015 – Canadian guideline for the management of small renal masses
- 2018 – Canadian Urological Association guideline for followup of patients after treatment of non-metastatic renal cell carcinoma
LOCALIZED (EARLY STAGE) KIDNEY CANCERFOR
- 2014 – Surgical management of renal cell carcinoma Canadian Kidney Cancer Forum Consensus
- 2018 – Kidney Cancer Research Network consensus statement on the role of adjuvant therapy after nephrectomy for high-risk, non-metastatic renal cell carcinoma: A comprehensive analysis of the literature and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
METASTATIC) KIDNEY CANCERFOR ADVANCED (
RENAL LESIONSFOR CYSTIC
HEREDITARY KIDNEY TUMOURSFOR
- 2013 – Canadian guidelines on genetic screening for hereditary renal cell cancers
- 2016 – Structured assessment and followup for patients with hereditary kidney tumour syndromes
Guidelines are also available in some provinces through the provincial cancer agencies.