Clinical Trial Basics
This information booklet was developed by the International Kidney Cancer Coalition and written by a collaborative team of patients, patient advocates and medical professionals who have supported thousands of kidney cancer patients worldwide. The objective is to help guide kidney cancer patients through their conversations with their healthcare team and provides:
- Information bout why new treatment need to be tested in clinical trials
- What is a clinical trial?
- Information bout the ethics of clinical trials
- What are the different types of clinical trial and research studies
- Who conducts clinical trials and where?
- Information about data management and reporting
It is an excellent resource for kidney cancer patients considering taking part in a clinical trial. There are trials available at all points throughout the treatment pathway.VIEW BOOKLET HERE