Giving Tuesday – A message of hope and unity
Kidney Cancer Canada is your front-line support service for kidney cancer
Patients and caregivers are being asked to be at their strongest in this time of uncertainty. So many questions – hard to find answers.
Kidney Cancer Canada offers information and direct support, so you have the tools to be an active participant and make informed choices about your personal treatment.
How Kidney Cancer Canada can help you:
- Vital and trustworthy kidney cancer information on our website
- Patient information resources mailed to your door or accessible online
- The Kidney Cancer Video Knowledge Library – answers to frequently asked questions
- List of questions to ask your doctor
- Information sessions with kidney cancer specialists across Canada
- Need support? We offer peer-to-peer support over the telephone
- Help to navigate the healthcare system
- Private Chat Room on our website and private Facebook group to connect with the kidney cancer community
- Coffee-Chats to connect with other patients and caregivers for support and comradeship
Wherever you are in Canada, we are here to help.
The world is changing around us and so we are changing to meet the need
In this time of self isolation to slow the coronavirus progression, we wonder what the future holds. Kidney Cancer Canada has adjusted to meet the current restrictions of social distancing and will now hold virtual coffee-chats to support our kidney cancer community.
Although many of us have resisted moving to “virtual visiting” it has been a blessing to be able to connect with friends and family through FaceTime, Skype, Facebook to name just a few.
We feel the same way with our Kidney Cancer Canada community. We want to stay connected with you because it is important to feel supported, comforted, and informed.
Let’s have coffee together
On Giving Tuesday we will host two online Coffee-Chats; an opportunity to share how you are and how you are coping. Are you worried about your treatment or changes in your treatment schedule? Questions? Concerns? Let’s talk over a hot cup of coffee and share with easy conversation and laughter.
10 am EDT
1 pm EDT
How you can help us on Giving Tuesday
Kidney Cancer Canada relies on its donors and sponsors to maintain current support programs and platforms as well as develop, plan and implement new programs for patients, caregivers and their families.
We know these are difficult times but we ask you to help us continue to support the 6,600 newly diagnosed patients every year as well as the 24,000+ Canadians living with kidney cancer. No donation is too small!
We thank you for your continuous support and engagement with Kidney Cancer Canada.
Together we helpDonate online